Due to U.S. Export Compliance regulations and packaging concerns, online ordering is NOT available for export transaction and orders with ultimate destination or use outside the USA (including Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other U.S. territories, and APO or FPO addresses).
Please email us direct with your shipping address so we may quote you direct.
ChemWorld brings you another top of the line product - Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin! Glycerin is a viscous, odorless, colorless, and sweet liquid usually added in toiletry and medical preparations. Glycerin's most common application is in soap making, although it is also used in explosives manufacturing, in the form of nitroglycerin. Soluble in water and alcohol, it boils to 290°C while it freezes to a paste.
Because glycerin is non-toxic, it is added in different food preparations. It serves as thickener for syrups, jams, and vanilla flavoring. Ice cream also uses this versatile alcohol as texturizer while minimizing its need for sugar. Glycerin is treated to dried fruits to maintain their softness while added to tobacco leaves to prevent dryness. It gives pliability to meat casings and food wrappers. Glycerin is used as base for toothpaste to add gloss while maintaining smoothness.
Here at Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin, our products are of superior quality and are approved as additive for medical, food, and cosmetic use. Production follows standards set by the US FDA so you are assured of getting an excellent purchase. Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin, a quality division of ChemWorld, provides plant-based products that are perfectly safe to use. Its USP indication means that glycerine is food grade and is non-toxic. So what are you waiting for? Buy now and reap great savings from Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin! All products featured under Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin are in stock and ready to be shipped within 24 hours.
What is vegetable glycerin?
Vegetable glycerin is also known as vegetable glycerol. It is a carbohydrate that is usually derived from plant oils. It is used as a sweetener and as an ingredient in a number of cosmetic products. Vegetable glycerin is also used in place of alcohol to extract botanicals.Food-grade vegetable glycerin is 99.7% pure, with the remaining 0.3% being water. It has a sweet taste, but is metabolized differently than sugar and does not raise blood sugar levels. Glycerin in food are marketed as being low in carbohydrates to keep them sweet and moist. It also does not contribute to bacterial tooth decay.
What is the difference between USP and food grade vegetable glycerin?
USP and Food Grade are not interchangeable terms. However, the specifications of USP grade and Food Grade are closely comparable. Food grade is meant to be ingested. USP grade is meant to be injested, injected, inhaled, absorbed.
What are the uses of vegetable glycerin food grade?
Vegetable glycerin is an excellent moisturizer and skin cleanser that also has softening and lubricating benefits. It does not cause allergies and it can be easily dissolved in water, which makes it useful for all of your cosmetic applications as well as in preparation of herbal extracts. Vegetable glycerin has a long shelf life and does not easily oxidize. It is an all-natural product derived from palm oil or vegetable oil.
Vegetable glycerin is widely used in cosmetics, body care and other products to help in retaining moisture and is useful in pulling oxygen into the skin. Vegetable glycerin is a natural emollient that adds a soothing effect on the skin and has become a main ingredient in many cosmetic products and soaps. Pure vegetable glycerin is also the best substrate for the manufacturing of non-alcohol based herbal extracts, other called glycerites. Vegetable glycerin provides a sweet alcohol free extracts that can be easily given to children, animals and those with alcohol sensitivities.
Glycerin is often added to cough syrup, toothpaste, pastry and more. Running athletes use pure glycerin as a method of staying hydrated in hot temperatures. Stomach remedies are also frequently made from liquid glycerin capsules.
Where can I buy vegetable glycerin?
You can buy online here at Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin of ChemWorld. Our stocks are manufactured to US FDA standards. All products featured on site are in stock and ready to be shipped within 24 hours.How do I store vegetable glycerin? Store at 65 to 75°F in a dry and odor-free environment for a minimum shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers.
We typically ship the same day if ordered by 3pm EST. If it must ship today, please indicate so upon check out, we will contact you.
Glycerin USP transit time:
Same day shipping on all containers and drums if ordered by 3pm EST.
For Rush Orders please call us:
Phone Direct (800) 768-5810
E-Fax (877) 209-1556